Monday, March 31, 2014

DESEAN JACKSON A BLACK POINT OF VIEW



DESEAN JACKSON A BLACK POINT OF VIEW
WRITTEN BY: LM 
VIDEO: CRAIG SHELTON & ANGELO LAWFORD
3.31.2014





LM - I had to write about the following segments because I knew what type of foolishness I was about to hear in "mainstream" media.  It was my belief they were going to go for the Low Hanging Fruit of Desean Jackson vs Riley Cooper.  It was a ready made template and I knew the media would milk it or simply talk about the alleged gang affiliations.

For this post, I didn't want to talk about DeSean Jackson's situation but I wanted to focus on the coverage.  It was good to hear Craig Shelton and Angelo Lawford and talk about actualities and not cup cake "template" talk.  I do not agree with everything that was said but it was original therefore I can respect it.

I like the fact the guys hit on cultural differences that some may not understand. I thought that was key to this all.

That said, this morning, I heard Lance Zierlein say, he do not understand why fans feel the need to worry about team's decisions regarding a player.  For the most part I usually agree with Lance but on this one, I think he tried to play "Smartest Guy".  We are fans, so any and everything about sports is going to drive conversation.  This crap is what drives the industry Lance works in.  It's funny because this is said on the negative side but what about fans that Go crazy on positive information.  Should the fans not express joy about positive information?

In other words, shut your mouth on negative information and rejoice on the positive.  No, Lance, you can't have it both ways.  It was not a bad take and I get where he coming from to a degree but I don't buy it.


Check this out on Chirbit

LANCE ZIERLEIN THOUGHTS ON FANS

OUT
LM

No comments: