Sunday, May 11, 2014

TEXANS RADIO AND LANCE ZIERLEIN "KICK ASS" DRAFT COVERAGE BY LM



TEXANS RADIO "KICK ASS" DRAFT COVERAGE 
Written By: LM
5.11.2014

I listened to draft coverage from home.  I was ready to hear some obnoxious booing from Houston Fan on the Javedeon Clowney pick.  I was also expecting some low level analysis.  I was wrong, 2014 Draft Coverage was a hit.

BRAVO ZULU

  • Marc Vandermeer
  • Sean Pendergast
  • Mike Meltser
  • Seth Payne
  • John Harris
  • Ted Johnson
  • Jay Foreman

Texans Radio absolutely crushed it from Thursday to Saturday.  The coverage was dead on.  One of the first years I muted NFL Network and ESPN in favor of Houston radio.  I loved the coverage because it were hosts I respect with solid football takes.

I know the format of the show didn't allow much of the "guy talk" but even in year's past, Draft Coverage was was weak.

Of all takes I've heard over the last week,  one of the strongest takes came by way of Seth Payne and Mike Meltser.   I like Radio Personalities who force me to think.  Below is Mike Meltser describing what he and Seth discussed of air in regards to the Texans Draft.  All I will say, Bill O'Brien/Rick Smith and Daryl Morey.


Check this out on Chirbit

Mike Meltser and Seth Payne Take On the Draft

LANCE ZIERLEIN AND SPORTS TALK 790

I also want to give props to Sports Talk 790 and Lance Zierlein.   Lance covered draft from New York City.  When I heard, Lance was going to to New York, I made up my mind not to listen but curiosity kills the cat.  I listened to the Lance Zierlein Show and Lance was on.  Lance covered the show from New York and brought some inside.

Lance had one of the best football interviews I've heard in a while with Greg Cosell.  I cannot lie, this interview maybe was money off of the Nick Wright/Greg Cosell Interview.  It was an awesome interview.

Lance Zierlein & Greg Cosell Interview

WRAP IT UP

I am happy that Houston Radio gave us the "BIG BOYS" of Houston Football and not the Googler Hosts.

LM

No comments: