Thursday, October 2, 2014

HOUSTON SPORTS RADIO SEPTEMBER RATINGS





In addition to the return of football, I noticed the three leading shows.
  • In The Trenches
  • Mad Radio
  • Triple Threat
What do they all have in common?  All three are hosted by Former NFL Players.  The show with two NFL former players is leading the pack. Is this a case of Houston listeners gravitating to Former Players Radio or Show Content?

Of the three, The Triple Threat grabbed me, I simply cannot listen to that show.  Obviously, I'm in the minority because they are putting up nice numbers.

Mad Radio, I've found that they start off strong and slow down in the last few hours.

In the Trenches, it's a fun show.  I would like to hear more Xs and Os from two former pros but they rather not.

Another thing that caught my eye, Paul and Brien's Show.  I wonder how those numbers are captured with Texans Radio, Monday and Thursday Night Football eating most of their show.


For a more in depth analysis of the market ratings, check out David Barron's Column.


No comments: