Saturday, October 18, 2014

LANCE ZIERLEIN VS NICK WRIGHT, NATIONAL STORIES by LM


LANCE ZIERLEIN VS NICK WRIGHT, NATIONAL STORIES
Written By: LM
10.18.2014

I'm a total loser for this article but I admit, I actually monitor twitter activity especially when it comes to local media.

As much as the local media say,

  • They dislike Twitter
  • Twitter is negative
  • Inaccuracies of Twitter
  • They don't care about Twitter

We all know, they love it.  About 3 years, I started a blog post that tracked Twitter Local Sports Media followers.  It allowed me (for the most part) to gauge what host(s) are being felt on social media.

LANCE ZIERLEIN VS NICK WRIGHT

When any  local guys Break or involved in a local story, I like to monitor how Twitter reacts.

A month ago when the Adrian Peterson Child Abuse story broke, Nick Wright was a huge center piece in terms of reporting.  Nick had a lot of information regarding the story.  So much information, he made his rounds via multiple national shows on TV and Radio.  I was expecting Nick to get a huge bump in followers but I didn't notice it on Twitter.

Friday, Seattle Seahawks traded Percy Harvin to the New York Jets.  Lance Zierlein begin dropping nuggets on the 411 via his inside connect.  Eventually Adam Schefter retweeted a few of Lance's tweets and Lance gained a significant amount of followers.

Below are what the Twitter Follows looked like in September. Nick Wright has always enjoyed a comfortable lead over Lance.  That said, Nick entered the market with a huge twitter following.


After the Percy Harvin/Seahawks Story



WRAP IT UP

As I looked at the twitter behavior, I came to the following conclusion.  Sports Big Stories is still stronger than Social/Off The Field Stories in Sports Talk.  Real Talk, I think Nick Wright had the story with the most impact.  The Adrian Peterson story went beyond sports.

Both received national attention via various formats.  From a sports Point Of View, the stories didn't anything to do with the Houston Texans although Adrian Peterson was locally related to Houston.

Any who, by the time this article is completed, Lance Zierlein will have surpassed Nick Wright in twitter follows.  

What's odd in all of this, Lance Zierlein is still not verified by Twitter.  For the amount of sports information Lance tweets, I would think he would be verified but he's not.  Below is a tweet Lance tweeted me about Twitter Verification.



OUT
LM

2 comments:

sandman x said...

I can't believe that Nick Wright has that many followers. He is the reason I stopped listening to 610 in the morning, which I had been doing since Lance worked at 610.

Steve said...

Slow day, huh. Talk about creating something out of nothing.