Saturday, November 29, 2014

ARE THE HOUSTON TEXANS MEDICAL STAFF GETTING A PASS? BY LM


ARE THE HOUSTON TEXANS MEDICAL STAFF GETTING A PASS?
Written By: LM
11.29.2014


Yes, JaDeveon Clowney will likely not play in the Tennessee Titan game.  I'm frustrated with the back and forth in regards to Clowney playing.  All I know, Clowney is an overall number one draft pick and the way his situation has been managed, annoys me.

Each week it's like we are playing a game of "Peek a Boo" with Clowney playing.

As far as the "On the right track" or "Battle Red Coolaid" fans, go to hell.  These are the fans that got a "logical" excuse for everything Texans. These are the fans that can literally explain twelve years of joke status (less two playoff years) and damn near make you understand.  At this point, I figure they are "homers" and not to be taken seriously.

I cannot be mad at Clowney for getting hurt but I do question the last four games.  I do not believe Clowney has played, two consecutive games all year.  It appears, when he plays, he experiences discomfort in his knee so it got me to thinking.   What is the Texans medical staff saying to the coaching staff?

It's not only Clowney, lets go back to Ed Reed.  The Texans signed Ed Reed and immediately after, the public learned of a hip injury that limited Ed all off season and some of the regular season.  I am not sure what to make out of playing Ryan Mallett with a hurt pectoral muscle.  Too a lesser degree, Brian Cushing's "in and out" of games in the earlier part of the season.

Here's an idea local sports media, instead of having all of these non Texans physcians on air guess diagnosing, how about asking Bill O'Brien and Rick Smith about our own medical staff because something is not right.


2 comments:

Tibbytx said...

Honestly, I don't think it's the medical staff. I think that the players are being babied and they are determining if they want to play or not, rather than the medical staff saying there's no reason this player can't play. Just like I think Cushing holding himself out was a mistake also because he came back full force rather than gradually and reinjured his knee. Not working out during training camp or OTA's setting a bad example for the rookies.

Steve said...

And you expect BOB and/or R Smith to give you an honest answer because?.....