NFL MARCH 2015 OFF-SEASON SCHEDULE
With so much interest iin today's activity from Texans and NFL fans and observers, we decided to lay out the NFL's schedule for March.
We will offer the scheduled activity for future months in order of calendar.
– March 2: Prior to 3 p.m., deadline for clubs to designate franchise or transition players.
– March 7: NFL Regional Combine takes place at Halas Hall in Lake Forest, Ill.
– March 7-10: Clubs are permitted to contact and enter into contract negotiations with the certified agents of players who will become unrestricted free agents upon the expiration of their 2014 contracts at 3 p.m. on March 10. However, a contract can’t be executed with a new club until 3 p.m. on March 10.
– March 10: The 2015 league year begins. Prior to 3 p.m., clubs must exercise options for 2015 on all players who have option clauses in their 2014 contracts.
— Prior to 3 p.m., clubs must submit qualifying offers to their restricted free agents with expiring contracts and to whom they desire to retain a right of first refusal/compensation.
— Prior to 3 p.m., clubs must submit a minimum salary tender to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with expiring 2014 contracts and who have fewer than three accrued seasons of free agency credit.
— Top-51 begins, whereby the offseason salary cap only accounts for the club’s top-51 salaries.
— All clubs must be under the 2015 salary cap prior to 3 p.m.
— All 2014 player contracts expire at 3 p.m.
— The 2015 league year and free agency period begin at 3 p.m.
— Trading period for 2015 begins at 3 p.m., after expiration of all 2014 contracts.
– March 22-25: NFL annual meeting in Phoenix.