Tuesday, July 5, 2011

GAVIN SPITTLE AND ANNA MEGAN WEBSITE WIZ - STAND BY ME - LM

7-5-2011



GAVIN SPITTLE AND ANNA MEGAN WEBSITE WIZARDS - STAND BY ME



Do you remember the movie Stand By Me when Chris was trying to convince Gordie to pursue writing instead of trying to live in his brother's footsteps?  That's how I feel about this article.  Lesbian Craig has been biting at me to analyze the websites but I keep giving reasons of why not.  I never told him the real reason I didn't want to go down that avenue because like he with "music", we can get a tad anal and simply over analyze.




I work with computers a lot so it was only natural for HMW to analyze the computer technical side of these stations from: loads, cross capability (various OS and mobile devices), white space and uniformity to industry standards to name a few criterion.  To be honest, I feel CBS is an overly cluttered site.  There's too much information and I'm not to particularly happy with the clutter.  Of course I only feel the force of this frustration when they implement a new website and I'm trying to learn the new features.  For the purposes of this article, I will not critique them on the design because it's operated as portal so to speak.  In other words if you go to any of CBS affiliates, you will most likely see this design therefore they are operating on a template which is probably controlled via warehouse on a highway in Kansas but I can talk about the content, apps, and exposure.

Big ups Anna or shall I say big ups Anna and Gavin.  See Lesbo, when you think your boy is not paying attention, I  be listening.  As a mind of useless facts who's constantly thinking I can only attribute Gavin's new point of interest "the website" to the dead time in sports locally.   I can't help but give props to a "power" move when I notice them.  Gavin with the help of Anna and staff around 610 used this downtown in sports locally to pump more resources on the web  side.

I noticed this reallocation of resources  immediately after football season.  Everyone is blogging mean even Rich Lord.  Everything that can be captured via video or camera is on the site.  There are deals to drive you to the website.  The hosts about every segment telling you to visit the site.  Don't quote me but while listening online, I think I heard them talking about cash give away to the magnitude of a thousand dollars.  FYI: just the radio ignorance in me but anytime I hear a station giving away money, I feel they are doing bad and soon someone is going to be fired because I witnessed it several times in  other formats.

We are not talking about the JOE BLOW host telling you "that should be on the website in a few" we are talking about a collective effort of a team of individuals telling you to go on the website and look around, it's there.  Everyone at 610 seem to be locked in on this shift to the website and I like it.  Yea Yea Yea, I hear the snorky jokes from the personalities at 610 about this but I think it makes sense in 2011 to put heavy focus on the web.

HOW DID ANNA'S NAME GET IN THE POST?

Without knowing 610's organizational structure nor internal politics, Anna seems to be the front person or in geeky terms Webmaster.  About 80% of everything you hear web related on 610 will be followed by Anna Meagan.  Ask yourself this question, a year ago, who was running 610's website?  RIGHT, you feel me, that sneaky SOB Gavin has done it again.  He is slowly grooming Anna as a personality in our head and she's answering the call.  Let's be real, Houston's First Ladies of Sports is Anna, @atxhobogirl (Desiree) and Allyson Footer.  We never knew her as a webmaster but she's doing an awesome job keeping the site dynamic in it's content.



Anna is giving us constant information on all the social media platforms.  She has made Sports Radio 610 a website you have to check.  There is nothing more pathetic than a static website.  There are some websites around town you can visit and literally see information from a year ago, you would be lucky to see information on 610 from a week ago.  I liken 610's website to a kid's first time visiting Toys R US, it's simply so much to do.

All in all, Gavin has found a way to affix a name to the website.  Sport Radio 610 website has an identity.   Good job Anna, we know you have greater aspirations but keep on grinding.

WRAP IT UP

Although I'm headlining 610 in this piece, 790 is really the pioneer of this web stuff. I been on 790 for 2 yrs now and they have always pushed their website content but they never had an identity behind it.  790 never personalized their website, when you go to 610 website you instantly praise or criticize Anna.  

When there is good there is bad, the nature of Anna pumping out information website related, becomes a bit of a turnoff if the station appears as a mass marketing machine.  Sure I still read the stories,images or videos distributed from events but I don't dig further in the site.  Sure, the money is in the HIT (visit to site) to present to your sponsors but time on site is also an important measurable.  I guess what I am trying to say, I have several people following all of the sports stations and they are all saying the same thing, 610 appear to be selling something.  So Gavin has given the website personality but the premise is still of a car salesman.




OUT
























LM
HMW
Email: hmw_lm@yahoo.com
Twitter: HMW_CREEPS
Facebook Search: Hmw Shelton & Craig Shelton and join both

Follow the HMW family of CREEPS on Twitter @: @LesbianCraig   @SportsMediaLM 

PLEASE JOIN US SUNDAYS 5P-6P ON KCOH 1430AM FOR "THE CUT" W/CRAIG "LESBO" SHELTON & CO-HOST, FORMER NFL-DB, MARCUS COLEMAN.

GET READY FOR HIGH ENERGY, GREAT CONVERSATION, THE COOLEST MUSIC & ALL OF YOU!!!

CALL IN @: 713-526-1430 
STREAM @: http://www.kcohradio.com

PRODUCED BY: HMW

1 comment:

Earlis said...

very insight my man...I always felt sportstalk stations viewed their webstie as an after thought...I will check 610 out online...as you mentioned ain nothing happening bro...I listen to sportstalk just a minnit a day...thats for Ralph Cooper...I try to tune check out content it does not hold my attention I am just tired of it...Houston Sportstalk in general is much ado about nothing son..classic crappola..