Friday, March 7, 2014

ESPN DAVE TEPPER'S CORN DOG DECISION, QUESTIONABLE! by LM


ESPN DAVE TEPPER'S CORN DOG DECISION, QUESTIONABLE!
Written by: LM
3.7.2014

Earlier this week, Fred Faour and AJ Hoffman (The Blitz) tweeted out a picture.  They asked their audience to photoshop the pic.  In the picture, was Morning Show Personality (93Q Country) Erica Rico eating a very large corn dog.

Back Story

Erica was at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo and she took a few selfies of her eating.  She posted a few on twitter. Apparently, she posted a pic of her with an extremely large corn dog in her mouth.  Moments later, she deleted post but not before someone could screen capture it.

The humor behind the pic is the shape of a corn dog, I will allow you to develop a visual.

From everything I've hear on radio, when AJ Hoffman tweeted out the pic, it received 15k Facebook hits in addition to trending AJ Hoffman on Twitter.

If you search on the internet, I am sure you can find the pic.  It's pretty damn funny in my opinion.

I am writing this post because of Dave Tepper's (97.5 Program Director) decision to remove the picture.  Since I've been listening to ESPN 97.5, they have always pushed the envelope on sexual content or innuendos.   Therefore I am puzzled Dave Tepper would make the managerial decision to pull this particular.  I mean, The Blitz just had a show (with in studio guests) where a wife said her husband was extremely large and loves backdoor loving. Below is Dave Tepper's explanation for removing the picture.


Check this out on Chirbit

CORN DOG DECISION

That really sounds noble right?  Wrong!   I am a bit confused because Dave Tepper was the guy that captured the screen print of Houston Texans DeAndre Hopkins Instagram photo of a person who appeared to be masturbating.

I do have a few theories,

  • Pro Athletes Are Fair Game
  • I can do it, but you can't
  • Dave, suddenly had a change of heart
  • Sex, Double Standard

Would love to hear feedback from readers of why Dave Tepper would remove Erica Rico's photo but totally enjoyed DeAndre Hopkins.

Hell, if you ask me, Hopkin's photo was much more explicit than Rico's.

All in all, I didn't think the Blitz did anything mean spirited, they were having fun.

LM

No comments: