Monday, May 5, 2014

RATINGS LEADER, IN THE LOOP vs THE LANCE ZIERLEIN SHOW BY LM



RATINGS LEADER, IN THE LOOP vs THE LANCE ZIERLEIN SHOW
BY: LM
5.5.2014

After the Houston Rockets loss to the Portland Trailblazers, I needed something to cheer me up.  therefore I ventured to the HMW BEEF PAGE (local audio squabbles) to listen to a few local audio spats.  Low and behold, I came across Nick Wright v Lance Zierlein.  I clicked play and wow what a difference a year makes or 15 months to be exact.

In the audio, you will hear Nick Wright going on about ratings and how no one wants to hear Lance's brand of "sports talk".  Nick was  beating his chest about the greatness of Sports Radio 610.   I do not expect Lance Zierlein to comment because he an Nick "squashed the beef" but it is strange to hear Nick brag a year ago.

Nick's audio was right after the 2012 Texans Season (12-4).  In other words, when the Texans were doing good, all of Sports Radio 610 and other stations were doing good in ratings.  I even tried to make the case, maybe just maybe Sports Radio 610 ratings are not correlated with the Texans, but its clear, ratings are. Someone can easily counter with Sports Talk 790 and the Rockets.  The Lance Zierlein Show starting kicking In The Loop's ass after the football season with a heavy dosage of Rockets.

As previously stated, its old news but when I heard Nick's audio and watching how the ratings are shaping up now, it makes me chuckle.

Below are the ratings for March

If you like to look at the ratings over over the last year, click here.


No comments: