Thursday, July 19, 2018

Lance Zierlein: Texans are not dominating conversations

Written by: LM



Earlier today on the Bench, Lance Zierlein told John Granato "the Texans are no longer dominating conversations".  What I found particular interesting is when he said 790 was pushing more Texans (Football) talk and no one cared about the Rockets or Astros.  This is odd because the Rockets has been relatively decent the duration of Lance's time at 790 and they are the Rockets Flagship station.

Lance and John



Check this out on Chirbit

 I believe there are a few factors that are effecting Texans talk.

  • All three professional teams are interesting either by accomplishments, records, or expectations.
  • However the Big One is Pat Starr from State of the Texans.  Pat is limited and no longer feed the market on a continuous basis.  Pat would feed the market daily with all types of Texans information.  Hell, at times, I thought it was over kill but now that he's gone, I miss it.  Pat was at the stadium everyday or what seems like everyday and he shared what he can with the market.  Now that he's gone, the conversation basically has come to a crawl or Texans List or Odds radio via 610.  610 push the Texans but I don't care to hear it from them as I did in the past.  
  • Trump and Politics.  I believe Trump and Federal politics are sucking a lot of attention.  Politics is more interesting than sports these days
I believe Pat is a significant reason why Texans talk has dried.  The more interesting question, I wonder how the Texans feel about this.  Do they rather be the talk of the town or do they enjoy flying under the radar



No comments: