Saturday, January 26, 2019

Changes on The Blitz and ESPN 97.5, AJ Hoffman Project Director

Written by:  LM




Week before last, Jong was on vacation the whole week.  I remember thinking it was strange because everyone just returned Christmas and New Year's vacation.  That Tuesday, I begin asking around and everyone said it was just a vacation.

Friday evening, January 8, Jong tweeted the following.  Twitter went into a frenzy.


Jong has been with the Blitz since it's inception and the Blitz is kicking ass in ratings.  So it's odd, he would up and blaze out.  Again, I reached out and I was told by someone Jong is not on-board with some changes that were are about to be made. 

Since Jong dropped the news on Friday night, Fred Faour and AJ Hoffman couldn't discuss the issue until Monday.   Monday Fred and AJ discussed Jong's departure. To be honest, their segment on Jongwas vague.  The only interesting part, AJ mentioned how people are speculating that Jong left him out of farewell tweet which kind of make people think their was something between the two.   At the time, I didn't think so because AJ said gracious things about Jong on air.  In addition to, Jong and AJ were playing with each other on Twitter #Transition. Audio is below



Check this out on Chirbit

The Blitz

AJ THE PRODUCER

Friday, the AJ and Fred officially named Jong's replacement as producer and teased another major decision for 6:30.

WTF
After their hit with RJ Bell, Fred and AJ revealed that AJ Hoffman is the new program director.  Audio Below



Check this out on Chirbit

AJ the PD 

THOUGHTS

First thing first, I have no dog in this at all.  I cut for Jong and AJ.  It's just odd, after Dave Tepper left, I thought Jong was promoted to Assistant PD in addition to his producing duties.  Jong was actually in management.

This may come off as harsh towards AJ but it's not, if what he portrays about his personality on radio is actually true in real life, I just don't  see it.  AJ is the opposite of what management is.  AJ is not a people's person. Dude complains about everything.   I am also not sure how AJ worked for it as the it was said in the audio.  Was AJ making moves behind the scenes that were not public?  I am not saying, grouchy people cannot be in management, hell Fred is grouch.  I'm a damn grouch at times but AJ comes off as an anti-social person.

Hindsight, it always felt like it was something there with AJ and management.  Jokingly he would notate the fact that he's not in management and not included in some of things Jong and Fred were.  You can even go pull a couple of segments with David Gow, where he made comments about management.   All in all, I hope AJ succeeds as PD.

As stated earlier, I like both guys but I have to give Jong a Bravo Zulu for not immediately adding flames.  I asked him "what's the deal" and he constantly said, he didn't want to spread anything and it will eventually come out.  In other words, without Jong telling the public what happened, everything else is pure speculation.








No comments: