Saturday, June 25, 2011

HOUSTON MEDIA AFTER THE NBA DRAFT - LM

6-25-2011

Friday after the NBA Draft, I thought I was going to puke from all of the excuse making for the Rockets more particularly Daryl Morey.  All of the excuse making is a little misleading as there is only one excuse "Yao and Tracy got injured, it's not his fault".  I am not upset with Morey, I just can't stand the excuse making in 2011 in the City of Houston.

Friday Lance Zierlein, Matt Jackson, David Nuno, and Rich Lord were in the excuse making business for The Rockets dilemma.   Of the four, I think I was more shocked to hear Lance go to the "injury card" however I just started back listening but needless to say, it's not Daryl's fault Yao and Tracy McGrady got hurt.  Friday morning, I even told Matt Jackson, Daryl Morey seems like a General Manager of a Championship caliber team with the complimentary players he seems to get.  A flustered Matt said he understand my frustration but what could Morey or the Rockets do?  
From past discussions with Matt, I knew he was setting me up for the "Roper dope" expecting me to say trade Yao so he can nail me on what point could the Rockets have traded Yao.  I saved my answer this time for my article, how about trading Yao the same way you traded Tracy McGrady.   David Nuno and Rich and that sounds really odd together but they were both "media guy" taking up for Morey, no big deal.  Josh Innes and Adam Wexler  are the only personalities I heard speak with tenacity towards the Rockets.

I wanted to approach the INJURY CARD from a different angle.  I can remember a certain Quarterback in steel blue getting injured two consecutive years.  Both of those years, that team went 8-8.  I would venture to say the Quarterback is one of the most important positions on the field.  Who knows, if Matt Schaub stays healthy, the Texans could have been a 10 win team.  
One of those years, Andre Johnson also suffered a season ending injury that put him out of work for 6 or 7 games.  Not to mention losing Dunta Robinson to a horrific injury for a large portion of the year.

Dunta v Deshaun Knockout Hit


JACKSONVILLE GAME



After Matt Schaub became Iron Man, the injury bug hit a certain Tight End.  We are talking about a Pro Bowl Tight End.  That's once less weapon for Matt Schaub and if you recall, we had no running game.  Everything was aerial.  That year the Texans went 9-7.


Although I think this is a complete farce but if I'm to believe what the media tells me, Mario Williams  been injured the duration of his stay in Houston.

Last season we lost a Pro Bowl Linebacker in Demeco Ryans. Pretty much played 60% of the season with no team captain unless you include the big mouth bass pretending to be a strong safety (Pollard) that couldn't cover my daughter on a fade route.  Lets not forget we had a one legged Andre Johnson who pretty much showed up as questionable on the Injury Report (Pre Game) every week thereby allowing teams to be that much more aggressive with him knowing he's not 100%.

WOW

What if we lived in a world where Rick Smith is afforded the excuses of Daryl Morey supporters?  Not here to champion Rick Smith by no means but I am tired of excuses.  As much as I criticize Sports Radio 610 for sniffing all in the Texans ass, the other stations are doing the same for Daryl Morey.  We have gotten to the point where everyone has forgotten how to be a simple fan.  A fan means we care about winning not excuses for not winning. 

I think Morey, Smith and Wade failed this city. I do not make excuses for one or the other. Winning is all I care about.  Now we are in an age where the spectators/fans are shooting off the same trash the media is talking.  While itemizing all of the Texans injuries notice I didn't include the "no names" I included the major Texan contributors similar to Yao and TMac for the Rockets.  But the naysayers will say "Rick had bad contracts", newsflash Artiza?

Our media is without a backbone, you can just listen to the somber in their voice as they try to defend Morey and I understand.  Morey is one of the coolest GMs we ever had in Houston but it comes to a point where winning has to mean something.


MADE MEN
I'm no fool, the Rockets have two rings and the Astros have had some success, people deem them as "MADE MEN" therefore they get a pass.  I am not asking the media to lighten up on Rick Smith, I am asking the media to be fair but since they have built Morey up to a mythological figure they can't possibly turn on him.  All three of our GMs had situations beyond their control, why do we all of a sudden put a  clause on More?   IN MOREY THEY TRUST.  

I was once told, the "A" students work for the "C" students.

OUT




















LM
HMW
Email: hmw_lm@yahoo.com
Twitter: HMW_CREEPS
Facebook Search: Hmw Shelton & Craig Shelton and join both

Follow the HMW family of CREEPS on Twitter @: @LesbianCraig   @SportsMediaLM 

PLEASE JOIN US SUNDAYS 5P-6P ON KCOH 1430AM FOR "THE CUT" W/CRAIG "LESBO" SHELTON & CO-HOST, FORMER NFL-DB, MARCUS COLEMAN.

GET READY FOR HIGH ENERGY, GREAT CONVERSATION, THE COOLEST MUSIC & ALL OF YOU!!!

CALL IN @: 713-526-1430 
STREAM @: http://www.kcohradio.com

PRODUCED BY: HMW

No comments: