Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Matt Hammond give him a chance

Written by: Lamont



Matt Hammond is a young sports personality from the East Coast (New Jersey) now with Sports Radio 610.  I first noticed Matt before he arrived in Houston when he interviewed Ray Rice's attorney. Michael Diamondstein (Attorney) made some controversial statements during an interview with Matt.

Admittedly, I did not care for Matt at all.  His Jim Rome's cadence drove me insane.   He has the typical early 2000s radio guy voice.

In addition to, he goes out of his way or maybe it's natural now to analogize sports to organizational business concepts.   Some of his analogies are hits but a lot of them are reaches.  Sometimes you need to just hop on 45 North to get to Bush Airport, you do not need back roads. GET TO THE POINT!

Over the last few months, Matt has grown on me.  I was really impressed when he was one of the only people in North America to suggest, the Texans could trade Brock Osweiler.  It don't sound like a big deal now but at the time, no one with an IQ of 70 thought an Osweiler trade was possible. All of Houston accepted the fact Osweiler would be here for another year.   Personally, I like when personalities can go against popular opinion or "think out of the box"

I have been following the media for some time.   What I've come to realize, sports media crush each other behind closed doors.  Rarely do I hear media give props to another professional because it's a competitive profession.  Plenty times, I would "go in"  on Matt and I would receive direct messages to the tune "Lamont, you may not like him and that's cool but the guy busts his ass".  That shit made me give him a chance but I like a strong ass work ethic and not someone who's mailing it in.  I figured, he's a young man trying to find his way in a different city.

All in all, I no longer dislike Matt Hammond.  We are not best buds or anything and we commonly still disagree but the negativity is gone.   I enjoy he and Landry Locker's Show on the weekends because they are opinionated.

Now that I can tolerate him, he may not like it because he will receive more HMW attention. Ha Ha

Matt may not be for you but he deserves a shot at your ears.  If I changed, you can change, we all can change.




No comments: