Sunday, January 14, 2018

Houston weekend radio sucks ass

Written by: Lamont

There was a time in Houston, Weekend Radio was just as strong as week days.  Literally from 11-7 pm, I could listen to local sports as I completed chores.

Weekend radio was more laid back and chill.  Topics could go all over the board.  The hosts were not the stations franchise talents but they were ok for the weekends.  Weekend radio also served well in this new era of teams dropping news late Friday or Saturday.  Weekend guys could elaborate on it versus waiting to hear people talk about Friday news on a Monday.

Currently, Weekend Radio is ass stank.  My choices are Home, Gambling, Car Shows or freaking Wrestling.   Sadly, I actually have listened to Booker T's wrestling show and thought "kill me".

What broke the camel's back is when Gow Media, pulled Game Day.  Game Day was the last of the recurring weekend shows I enjoyed.  Now, I'm forced to listen podcasts of shows I missed throughout the week.

I know weekend radio is equated to a sunken cost but it provided utility for me no matter how much I bitched at times.  I miss when there was something to listen to on weekends.  Well, back to listening to how Hacksaw Jim Dugan fought Brutas the Barber Beefcake.

No comments: