Monday, May 21, 2018

Charles Barkley is right about the Houston Rocket's front office

Written by: Lamont



Last week after the Houston Rockets defeated the Golden State Warriors in Game 2, The Usual Suspects (Barry Laminack and Joel Blank) had Charles Barkley on.   After Joel introduced him and laid out his "beef" with the Rockets, Charles immediately tried to explain his issue with the Rockets.



Check this out on Chirbit

Charles Barkley on the Rockets 

First thing first, The Usual Suspects interview with Charles was very good. The whole interview can be heard on 97.5 website.

Look, I'm no fool, I have heard Charles complain about the Rockets owing him money therefore I know it's personal but it does not discount his take on the Rocket's Front Office being sensitive.

Local Media

I have heard the local media do this but it took Charles' interview to make me realize, some in this market are afraid or rather not "Go All In" on the Houston Rockets.  After the Rockets loss Game 3 to the Warriors, I listened to the commentary and it appeared that some had to qualify the 41 point L with "I am not saying the Rockets are bad" or  "I am not saying this player is bad" as they proceeded to  make their point.   I am no fan of the Rockets but I know the Rockets are good from management to players. 

I do not think you have to lick pipe (before or after) you give an honest critique.  It comes off as if some in the local media are afraid to flame the Rockets.  You would think I am exclusively talking  about Sports Talk 790 (Rockets Flagship Station) but I heard it on 610 and 97.5 too.

Is it really necessary to qualify how good the Rockets are before/after you crush them?  Shit, let the raw emotion flow.


No comments: