Saturday, August 25, 2018

Patrick Creighton the Night's Watch

Written by: LM



If you think local programming ends at 7p, you better ask somebody.  Patrick Creighton (Late Hits) is the Night's Watch from Game of Thrones.  Patrick is embracing his new assignment and make no bones about it.

Currently, neither Sports Radio 610 or Sports Talk 790 have consistent live local programming.  As a listener, I am not conditioned to listen to re-aired shows.  On the radio, it has to be Live and consistent, I'm a creature by habit.  I can only listen to re-aired shows if it's a podcast.

Patrick understands the unique position he's in and brands his show as the only consistent live show during his time slot.

Outside of Patrick being the only consistent night show, the show is decent.  I like it.  He plays the hits but will go with whatever topic you bring if he's interested.  At a time when the baseball is relevant in Houston again, he's like a damn encyclopedia for all of those delicious MLB acronyms.

Me: Pat, what's this OBGYN stat

Patrick:  Lamont that's On Base Game Yearly No Nos

In other words, the dude can talk some baseball.  I believe its because he's originally from a pure baseball town (NYC) where baseball is damn near if not bigger than football.

One of the only things I can see being a problem for Patrick, politically and socially he leans left.  He's in the State of Texas.  I think he has the chance to do what Nick Wright refused.  If push your political agenda, beliefs you cannot simply tell the State of Texas "my word is final".  I like Patrick because although we may disagree, we engage and go back and forth.  I believe if you are going to incorporate social and political issues in sports which is nearly impossible these days, you best damn sure be ready to hear feedback

No comments: